- Metals can enter the body through the skin, by inhalation or ingestion.
- Symptoms can vary depending on the metal involved, the amount absorbed, and the age of the person exposed.
- For example, young children can be more susceptible to the effects of lead exposure than their adult counterparts.
- Modifications to environment and lifestyle can remove exposures that can contribute to the overall toxic body burden.
- Patients who experience unexplained health symptoms due to toxicity can work with their doctors to create treatment plans to help eliminate toxins and improve their quality of life.